Under the High patronage of Mrs. Nadia Aoun, First Lady of Lebanon, Rashaya Festival Committee and Atelier des Arts Plastiques de Rashaya in coordination with the Municipality of Rashaya are proud to present the “75 Years of Independence Poster Competition”.
This competition is eligible to all Lebanese students enrolled in Lebanese Universities, faculties of fine arts, and graphic design. It aims to exhibit Lebanese talents, and to honor the past, present and future of Lebanon through art.
A committee comprised of prominent experts in the fields of communication, design, and education will be giving awards to the top three competitors. In addition to that, the first 30 posters selected by the committee will be displayed at the Rashaya Citadel from Saturday the 17th November 2018, as of 4:00 PM till Sunday the 25th of November 2018, at 7:00 PM. Selected projects will be published (with the participant’s name as well as the university’s name) on billboards by the sponsor of the event: Bank Audi.
A press conference will be held at villa Audi on the 10th of October 2018 to launch the competition.
- The objective of the competition is to create a poster and a logo on the occasion of the 75 years of Independence of Lebanon.
- The designated theme for the competition is “Lebanon: the past, the present and the future”.
- Each poster should include: a logo for the “75 years of Independence” in Arabic, French or English.
- A team of multiple students is accepted and considered as one single entry. Only one entry per student is allowed. Students participating as a designated team don’t have the right to work separately or with another team.
- All the posters must be the independent work of the students with no limitations to layouts, color schemes, design or language, although the Arabic language is preferred.
- Only one poster per entry (one student or more) is allowed; submitting several posters will result in their disqualification.
- Any case of plagiarism on the part of the designer will result in his/her immediate disqualification.
- Any content deemed offensive by the judges (referring to violent acts, nudity, partisan politics etc.) will also result in immediate disqualification.
Submission of Entries:
- Hard and soft copies of each entry of one or more students are to be submitted to the students respective universities no later than Friday, November 9, 2018 before 5:00 PM.
- An official submittal form( available on the official site of the competition: rashaya.org or by
e-mail: email@example.com must be filled for each entry mentioning clearly the names of participant(s) with all the requested information (full name, university, phone number…)
- A short description (no more than 100 words) in English, French or Arabic explaining the concept behind their poster design.
- A printed design of a 40cm by 60cm poster with a minimum DPI of 300.
- Competitors must submit also an electronic landscape size adaptation with a 300 dpi resolution (14×4). Format should be layered illustrator artwork file.
- A minimized electronic copy with DPI 72 must be submitted, A4 size.
- Competitors must submit also a vertical KV with landscape adaptation (14×4), format should be layered illustrator or artwork file.
The closing date of submission is on Friday, November 9th, 2018.
Any projects submitted after that date will not qualify for the competition.
Application will be dismissed if any document is missing.
- First round of Judging: Selection of the top 30 posters out of all those submitted on Tuesday November 13, 2018.
- Results will be published on the official website of the competition: rashaya.org on Thursday November 15, 2018.
- Selection and announcement of the best three posters on Saturday, November 17 2018 at the Independence Citadel, in Rashaya Al Wadi .
Prizes & Awards:
- Media exposure will be given to the top 30 posters through the exhibition that will be held at the Rashaya Citadel: from the 17th of November till the 25th of November 2018.
- All participants are invited to attend the Awards Ceremony that will take place on Saturday, November 17th, 2018 at 4:00 PM at the Independence Citadel, Rashaya Al Wadi.
- The best three posters will each be awarded a sum of 4,500,000 LBP, 3,000,000 LBP, and 1,500,000 LBP respectively from Bank Audi, exclusive sponsor of this competition.
Rules and Regulations:
- Participants must be Lebanese.
- Participants must be enrolled in a Lebanese university.
- Each entry can be related to one student or more.
- Each entry will present only one poster.
- Each entry is entitled to one prize per entry.
- Organizers have the right to disqualify entries that don’t comply with the given criterias.
- The participants are responsible for all the expenses paid throughout the creation of the poster. However, participation in the competition is free of charge.
Intellectual property rights:
Participation in the competition denotes permission to the project organizers and sponsor to use and publicize the posters after the competition ends, and at anytime they see fit.
- Organizers will use and publicize all artwork submitted by participants with clear reference to participants names and universities at all times.
- The artists will not receive payment for this use.
- The Sponsor of the project has unlimited rights to publicize all artwork submitted by participants to promote the 75th year of independence.
- Any entry should be affixed with the names and universities of the designers, logos of all participating organizations and sponsors.
- Participants are requested to maintain ethical standard and not to intervene or affect the judges’ decision otherwise the application will be disqualified.
- Participants who fail to meet the rules mentioned shall be disqualified.
The exclusive sponsor of the 75th year of Independence’s Poster Competition is Bank Audi
ALL COMPETITORS SUBMIT ENTRIES TO THE COMPETITION
IN THE FULL UNDERSTANDING OF THE ABOVE RULES AND REGULATIONS
For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org